From the desk of: Amanda
So, you’re planning on hiring a professional photographer. No matter the event, whether it’s a wedding, a newborn, or a family session, the deciding factors are still the same – price, personality, and whether or not they’re going to meet your needs. And the internet is a very helpful resource in helping you determine who is right for you. There are countless lists out there, chock full of questions you should be asking your potential photographer. Things such as:
Do you have my date available?
- How far in advance do I need to book with you?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you shot? Have you done many that were similar to mine in size and style?
- How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photojournalistic, creative)?
- What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers?
- Do you have a portfolio I can review? Are all of the images yours, and is the work recent?
…and so on. These are all very important things that you SHOULD be asking. However, we all know that there are other questions burning in the back of your mind. The things you’re REALLY dying to know. Here’s a link to 12 Things Wedding Photographers are dying to tell you, but can’t. I guarantee everything you really want to know is in there. Including the answer to the ever-popular question “Why can’t I have ALL of the images you shoot?”
This, my friends, is a universal response from all photographers:
There are some things that just can’t be unseen folks. Happy reading!
Want to get to know us a little better? Facebookers can find us here, Tweeters can find us here, or if you’re a pinner, our boards are here. If you’re looking for more of ME, don’t be shy. you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. I can’t wait to connect with you!