from the desk of: Veronica
I’m pretty sure everyone knows you’re supposed to take a moment to reflect on all the things you’re thankful for in between enjoying the parade, stuffing your face, watching football, having seconds of pie, and prepping for any Black Friday sales. I’m also pretty sure you have had people in your facebook feed post things they’re thankful for every day this month. You all already know the things I’m most grateful for, but there are some things you don’t know I thank my lucky stars for every day. Here are five of them:
1. Coffee. I prefer it strong and black, but I’ll take it about any which way. Mr. Coffee, french press, Keurig, heck, even gas station. Just gimmeeeeeee.
2. Extra-thick rubber bands. Thick-haired girls, I think you know the pain of needing two of these babies to hold up a ponytail and having them all stretched out into nothing by the end of the day. What would I do if I had to use those regular ones? The horror.
3. The backspace key on my laptop. It wasn’t until it started sticking recently that I realized just how much I use it.
4. My Otterbox. My phone would be broken a million times over by now if I didn’t have it. Fact.
5. Netflix. Oh, the joy of binge-watching an entire season or series of a show in a matter of days. Being able to watch movies and shows whenever I want without having to dig through all the DVDs. Don’t ever leave me, Netflix.
I’m obviously very blessed to be able to think of all these little things that make my life great on top of all the big things. Thank you for letting me share them with you, and I hope you have a lovely and peaceful Thanksgiving, however you spend it.